Dr. Alexander Smith at The Family Dentist can give you spectacular cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO.
About Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO, is a branch of dentistry that deals with appearance. It contains a plentiful menu of services that straighten teeth, replaces lost teeth, restore vibrant colors, and more. The Family Dentist is delighted to offer such services to our clients.
Do You Need Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic service for your teeth is a personal choice. Many of our clients obtain our services because they've suffered hits to their self-esteem because of missing, discolored, or crooked teeth. We enjoy helping them find the right treatment to regain the gorgeous smile they lost some time ago. You may find our services helpful and suitable. The first step is to reach out to our facility for a meeting with our dentist. You'll discuss your needs and desires and then conclude whether our cosmetic services are right for you.
Services Our Office Has for You
We offer an assortment of cosmetic services for your teeth and many general dentistry procedures. These are some of the cosmetic procedures we can perform on you:
- Dental Implants- Dental implants are highly favorable tooth replacement devices. They can replace teeth you lose to decay and damage. Implants closely resemble natural teeth and can help restore your bite and confidence.
- Veneers- Veneers can offer you a quick solution to minor problems. We can glue these thin items to the front of your teeth with dental glue. They can cover up coloring imperfections and correct superficial alignment problems. For example, a veneer might work if a few of your teeth seem to sit back slightly from the rest. The veneer may be able to give the appearance of a fuller smile.
- Orthodontics- We offer an array of orthodontic solutions to problems such as crowding, overbites, underbites, crossbites, and gaps. Our list of solutions includes traditional options as well as alternative options, such as Invisalign. We have favorable options for clients of all ages.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings- Tooth-colored fillings are an excellent option if you want to repair damaged areas with a more discreet solution. They are popular alternatives to traditional amalgam fillings. Our dentist can install such fillings at your request.
- Crowns and Bridges- We use crowns and bridges in an assortment of restorative and cosmetic procedures. They can truly bridge the gap left by tooth loss and decay.
- Tooth Whitening- We're pleased to offer advanced tooth whitening services to clients who have experienced discoloration. Ask about our innovative processes.
Dr. Smith is ready to help you restore the gorgeous smile you want to regain. Contact The Family Dentist at 303-427-8690 to schedule a consultation about cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO.
Is your smile not entirely up to the quality that you'd hoped, and you aren't sure what to do about it? Thankfully, the best veneers Westminster CO, has to offer may help you. These tools installed by Dr. Alexander Smith at Family Dentist provide you with many benefits that make them well worth consideration. Here are a few of the common advantages of investing in this unique dental tool for your health.
Enhances Your Overall Appearance
The best dental adjustments work to create a look and feel as close to your natural tooth as possible. And this unique treatment option can provide just that. The porcelain material will look as close to your normal tooth as possible, providing a secure and robust surface that will remain resistant and resilient for years to come and keep your smile looking great.
Prevent Other Types of Oral Damage
Did you know that Westminster CO, veneers can prevent other types of dental problems? It's true! That's just one reason why they've become a popular option for so many people and dentists. Just a few of the most common issues that they may help prevent include:
- Chipped teeth that worsen with time as more damage occurs
- Discoloration that stains your smile and makes it less attractive
- Gaps between your teeth that may embarrass you
- Cavities that may otherwise worsen and become wider
- Enamel-related damage that could threaten your teeth
They provide all of these benefits by placing a simple porcelain shield over the damaged areas. This shield will not only look like your regular teeth but be stronger, as well. With proper maintenance and care, you might be able to get them to last for years to come.
Enhances Your Durability
Lastly, this unique dental treatment method also helps to enhance your overall dental durability. That's because their porcelain material is solid and will last longer than regular teeth. As a result, some people install this option over their teeth even if they don't damage them.
With proper care and brushing, they might even last the rest of your life. However, it is essential to know that you must repair any damage to them ASAP and work with your dentist to ensure that they last as long as possible.
Get the Care You Deserve
At the Family Dentist, Dr. Alexander Smith can provide you with the great veneers in Westminster CO, that you want. And when you call (303) 427-8690, you can set up an inspection and repair appointment that takes your oral health into full consideration. So please contact us as soon as possible if you have tooth damage and want to make sure you get it treated ASAP.
Dental implants from your dentist in Westminster, CO, can give you the smile you deserve.
Dental implants are an excellent tooth replacement option, but are they right for you? The truth is, dental implants are a great choice for just about everyone, but there are a few things to consider first.
Dr. Alexander Smith at The Family Dentist in Westminster, CO, offers comprehensive dental care, including dental implants to give you the smile you deserve.
Your general health and especially your oral health are the primary factors that will impact how well you heal from dental implants. These are just a few of the factors which can affect the way you heal with dental implants:
- If you have diabetes, it may slow down the healing process
- If you have had radiation to your face or jaws
- If you have a history of periodontal disease
- If you are a smoker
Lifestyle factors are another important area to focus on with dental implants. To make you a good candidate for dental implants, it’s best if you:
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco products
- Don’t drink excessive alcohol
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle including diet and exercise
- have healthy teeth and gums
In order for you to be a great candidate for dental implants, you need to also be practicing excellent oral hygiene. Make sure to:
- Brush after meals and before bed
- Floss at least once every day
- Visit your dentist for a full dental exam at least once every year
- Visit your dentist for professional dental cleanings every six months
You also need to have sufficient supporting bone to accommodate the dental implants. Your dentist will discuss this with you and may recommend additional treatment to make you the best candidate for dental implants.
You deserve to enjoy a beautiful smile, and dental implants can help you achieve it! To find out why dental implants are a great tooth replacement option, talk with an expert by calling Dr. Smith at The Family Dentist in Westminster, CO. You can reach us at (303) 427-8690, so call today!
When we believe we are doing all the right things with our dental hygiene at home we may convince ourselves that we can skip a dental cleaning, or two. But as you'll read below a cleaning regimen is simply incomplete without dental cleanings at your dentist's office. To learn a lot more about the benefits get in contact with your Westminster, CO, dentist Dr. Alexander Smith of The Family Dentist.
The Battle Against Plaque
The reason why we brush and floss every day is to eliminate the plaque that daily builds on our teeth. It is that sticky film that builds there and it is made up of millions of bacteria.
This bacteria produces acids that can harm the enamel on our teeth and our gums as it feeds upon the sugars we consume.
But even our best efforts can leave some plaque behind. This is especially true if you suffer from spacing issues that create crevices where plaque can hide. Whatever we don't manage to brush or floss away can harden into tartar thanks to the minerals in our saliva, making it much more difficult to remove.
Helping in the Fight
Tartar can typically only be removed at your dentist's office, alongside any leftover plaque, and this is done during your scheduled biannual cleanings. Which, alongside good hygiene habits at home, can help you prevent cavities and gum disease.
During the checkup portion of the visit, your dentist examines your teeth, and if you have been diligent about coming in your doctor can help you prevent common dental problems. Or treat them in their early stages when these can still be managed with far less invasive treatments.
Dental Cleanings in Westminster, CO
Dental cleanings can help you stay on top of your dental hygiene and can help prevent complications and potentially costly procedures. So if it's been some time since your last visit make an appointment today with Dr. Smith of The Family Dentist in Westminster, CO, by dialing (303) 427-8690.
How dental crowns from your dentist in Westminster, Colorado can make your smile strong and beautiful
There are lots of things that can weaken your smile. Aging and everyday wear-and-tear can lead to a worn-down smile. Even large, old fillings can weaken teeth by separating teeth into sections, which are more prone to fracture when you bite down.
The good news is, dental crowns can restore your damaged teeth, making your smile whole again. Dr. Alexander W. Smith at The Family Dentist in Westminster, Colorado offers a wide range of dental services, including dental crowns to make your smile strong and beautiful.
Dental crowns provide the best protection possible against fracture or breakage because they cover the entire visible surfaces of your teeth. When you bite down or chew with a dental crown, the stress and pressure are spread out evenly across the surface of your tooth, protecting your tooth from breaking.
Dental crowns also improve the look of your smile. Your damaged teeth will appear whole again. Large metal fillings that may look unsightly, can be replaced with a more natural-looking, more protective dental crown.
You can choose from a variety of materials for your dental crown. Full gold crowns used to be the standard because of their strength and durability, but they don’t look natural.
Porcelain has become a more widely used material because of its important benefits:
- Porcelain reflects light, just like natural tooth enamel
- Porcelain resembles tooth enamel, so when a porcelain crown is placed, it is virtually indistinguishable from a natural tooth
- Porcelain is stain-resistant, so your new porcelain crowns will stay white and beautiful for years
When you have crowns placed on your back teeth, it’s important to have as much strength as possible. That’s why back teeth are often crowned with a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown, also known as a PFM crown. These crowns combine the strength of a metal underlay with the beauty of porcelain.
Dental crowns can restore your damaged teeth and also provide enhanced beauty to your smile. To find out more about the benefits of dental crowns, call Dr. Alexander W. Smith at The Family Dentist in Westminster, Colorado. You can reach him at (303) 427-8690, so call today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.