Posts for: November, 2020
You go for the best in whatever you undertake. Why not apply the same philosophy to tooth replacement? The Family Dentist in Westminister, CO, is Dr. Alexander Smith. He places dental implants in patients who have lost teeth to accident, gum disease and decay. A dental implant could be your best option for permanent tooth replacement.
Dental implants and you
If you're a teen or adult with good overall health and a strong jaw bone, you could receive dental implants to fill those smile gaps. At his Westminster, CO, office, Dr. Alexander Smith will examine your teeth and gums and also scan your jaw bone to determine its size, health and density. If it's strong enough, he can surgically insert a titanium implant screw into your empty tooth socket.
Over the next weeks to months, that device will bond with your jaw bone. Osseointegration, as the action is called, anchors this artificial tooth root. Dr. Smith then attaches a metal alloy extension post and lifelike crown.
That completes a single-tooth implant. The more you use your dental implant, the stronger your jaw bone will become. You should have that new tooth indefinitely.
Other advantages of dental implants
- Rarely fail or need replacement
- Look and feel totally real
- Are immovable and restore almost 100 percent of your natural chewing power (traditional dentures produce a small fraction of that)
- Clean-up with twice-daily brushing and once a day flossing (see Dr. Smith semi-annually for your exam and hygienic cleaning)
- Support bridgework or partial/full dentures
- Are customized to your specific needs
- Strengthen and support your remaining teeth
- Need no adhesives or soaking
- Keep your facial features youthful and your speech, clear
Get ready for the best
The American College of Prosthodontists says that 120 million Americans have lost at least one tooth. Are you included in that number? Then, contact The Family Dentist, Dr. Alexander Smith, in Westminster, CO. Dental implants really are as tremendous as they sound. Learn how they could improve your appearance and oral function. Phone our office at (303) 427-8690.