Posts for tag: Porcelain Veneers
Discover one cosmetic solution that can quickly give you a more perfect smile.
Thanks to amazing advancements in cosmetic dentistry our Westminster, CO, dentist Dr. Alexander Smith now has a fast and reliable way to completely alter the shape, color or size of one or more teeth to give you the smile you’ve always wanted. These thin porcelain laminates are bonded to the front of teeth to hide common flaws to make you feel more confident whenever you smile.
What problems can dental veneers address?
There is a reason so many people are turning to dental veneers in Westminster, CO, to improve their smiles. After all, these thin porcelain shells can easily hide a variety of imperfections that may leave you feeling less than confident about your appearance. By applying veneers we can easily cover,
- Discolorations and stains
- Chips and cracks
- Malformed or oddly shaped teeth
- Uneven or worn teeth
- Misaligned teeth (minor crowding, twisted teeth or gaps between teeth)
Any flaws that affect the appearance of your smile but don’t affect the integrity or health of your teeth may be treated with porcelain veneers.
Who is a good candidate for dental veneers?
Are you wondering whether it might be time to sit down with our dentist and see if veneers are right for you? If you are dealing with any of the issues above then you very well could be an excellent candidate for veneers. Here is what makes someone a good candidate,
- Good oral health
- Dedication to good oral hygiene and care
- Realistic expectations about the results you’ll receive
- Healthy, strong tooth enamel
We will check your teeth and gums to make sure that you aren’t dealing with gum disease or decay, as any dental issues will need to be treated before you can undergo cosmetic dentistry.
What goes into getting dental veneers?
Getting veneers is fairly straightforward and simple. They can usually be placed in about two visits. Here are the steps involved in getting veneers,
- Tooth preparation: We can’t just apply veneers directly to the front of your teeth because this can make them look bulky. Therefore, we will need to shave off a very small amount of enamel from the front of your teeth to make room for your veneers. This is quick and painless.
- Taking impressions: Once teeth are prepped we will take impressions of your teeth so that a dental lab has the exact measurements needed to create your veneers. After impressions are taken we may decide whether to apply temporary veneers to the front of your teeth to protect them in the interim.
- Fitting your veneers: It can take up to a week to get your permanent veneers. Once they are made you will come back into the office so that we can check the fit before bonding them to your teeth.
Are you interested in getting dental veneers? If so, then schedule your consultation with The Family Dentist in Westminster, CO, to find out if you are the ideal candidate for this treatment.