Posts for tag: Tooth-Colored Fillings
Dr. Alexander Smith at The Family Dentist can give you spectacular cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO.
About Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO, is a branch of dentistry that deals with appearance. It contains a plentiful menu of services that straighten teeth, replaces lost teeth, restore vibrant colors, and more. The Family Dentist is delighted to offer such services to our clients.
Do You Need Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic service for your teeth is a personal choice. Many of our clients obtain our services because they've suffered hits to their self-esteem because of missing, discolored, or crooked teeth. We enjoy helping them find the right treatment to regain the gorgeous smile they lost some time ago. You may find our services helpful and suitable. The first step is to reach out to our facility for a meeting with our dentist. You'll discuss your needs and desires and then conclude whether our cosmetic services are right for you.
Services Our Office Has for You
We offer an assortment of cosmetic services for your teeth and many general dentistry procedures. These are some of the cosmetic procedures we can perform on you:
- Dental Implants- Dental implants are highly favorable tooth replacement devices. They can replace teeth you lose to decay and damage. Implants closely resemble natural teeth and can help restore your bite and confidence.
- Veneers- Veneers can offer you a quick solution to minor problems. We can glue these thin items to the front of your teeth with dental glue. They can cover up coloring imperfections and correct superficial alignment problems. For example, a veneer might work if a few of your teeth seem to sit back slightly from the rest. The veneer may be able to give the appearance of a fuller smile.
- Orthodontics- We offer an array of orthodontic solutions to problems such as crowding, overbites, underbites, crossbites, and gaps. Our list of solutions includes traditional options as well as alternative options, such as Invisalign. We have favorable options for clients of all ages.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings- Tooth-colored fillings are an excellent option if you want to repair damaged areas with a more discreet solution. They are popular alternatives to traditional amalgam fillings. Our dentist can install such fillings at your request.
- Crowns and Bridges- We use crowns and bridges in an assortment of restorative and cosmetic procedures. They can truly bridge the gap left by tooth loss and decay.
- Tooth Whitening- We're pleased to offer advanced tooth whitening services to clients who have experienced discoloration. Ask about our innovative processes.
Dr. Smith is ready to help you restore the gorgeous smile you want to regain. Contact The Family Dentist at 303-427-8690 to schedule a consultation about cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO.
Once upon a time, having cavities meant having a mouth full of silver. But like most dental technology, cavity treatments have come a long way, and getting a filling no longer means sacrificing the cosmetic quality of your smile. Tooth-colored fillings are designed to match the color and texture of a natural tooth so that your cavities can be filled effectively and discreetly for a healthy and attractive smile. Dr. Alexander Smith, your dentist in Westminster, CO, offers cosmetic and general dentistry services for children and adults.
Protect Your Oral Health and Smile with Tooth Colored Fillings in Westminster, CO
As the American Dental Association (ADA) points out, the best filling is no filling. Although cavities and tooth decay are one of the most common dental problems, they are also highly preventable. The best way to fight them is by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, maintaining a good oral hygiene routine which includes both daily flossing as well as visiting the dentist every six months for a checkup and professional cleaning.
However, when cavities do happen, getting them treated as quickly as possible is the best way to save both your tooth and your smile. Also known as composite fillings, tooth-colored fillings are made out of a combination of materials (known as composite resins) like plastic and silica. Tooth colored fillings can be used on the front or back teeth, and are generally the filling of choice and used more frequently than amalgam (metallic) fillings.
The average shelf life for a composite filling tends to be shorter than with metallic fillings, at an average of five years, but each situation is different and they can actually last for much longer. After you receive a filling, continuing to practice oral hygiene and preventive care to keep your teeth and gums healthy and to avoid further tooth decay and damage.
Find a Dentist in Westminster, CO
For more information about tooth-colored fillings and other cosmetic and restorative dentistry services, contact The Family Dentist by calling (303) 427-8690 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith today.