Posts for tag: dental implants
Dr. Alexander Smith at The Family Dentist can give you spectacular cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO.
About Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO, is a branch of dentistry that deals with appearance. It contains a plentiful menu of services that straighten teeth, replaces lost teeth, restore vibrant colors, and more. The Family Dentist is delighted to offer such services to our clients.
Do You Need Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic service for your teeth is a personal choice. Many of our clients obtain our services because they've suffered hits to their self-esteem because of missing, discolored, or crooked teeth. We enjoy helping them find the right treatment to regain the gorgeous smile they lost some time ago. You may find our services helpful and suitable. The first step is to reach out to our facility for a meeting with our dentist. You'll discuss your needs and desires and then conclude whether our cosmetic services are right for you.
Services Our Office Has for You
We offer an assortment of cosmetic services for your teeth and many general dentistry procedures. These are some of the cosmetic procedures we can perform on you:
- Dental Implants- Dental implants are highly favorable tooth replacement devices. They can replace teeth you lose to decay and damage. Implants closely resemble natural teeth and can help restore your bite and confidence.
- Veneers- Veneers can offer you a quick solution to minor problems. We can glue these thin items to the front of your teeth with dental glue. They can cover up coloring imperfections and correct superficial alignment problems. For example, a veneer might work if a few of your teeth seem to sit back slightly from the rest. The veneer may be able to give the appearance of a fuller smile.
- Orthodontics- We offer an array of orthodontic solutions to problems such as crowding, overbites, underbites, crossbites, and gaps. Our list of solutions includes traditional options as well as alternative options, such as Invisalign. We have favorable options for clients of all ages.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings- Tooth-colored fillings are an excellent option if you want to repair damaged areas with a more discreet solution. They are popular alternatives to traditional amalgam fillings. Our dentist can install such fillings at your request.
- Crowns and Bridges- We use crowns and bridges in an assortment of restorative and cosmetic procedures. They can truly bridge the gap left by tooth loss and decay.
- Tooth Whitening- We're pleased to offer advanced tooth whitening services to clients who have experienced discoloration. Ask about our innovative processes.
Dr. Smith is ready to help you restore the gorgeous smile you want to regain. Contact The Family Dentist at 303-427-8690 to schedule a consultation about cosmetic dentistry in Westminster, CO.
Dental implants from your dentist in Westminster, CO, can give you the smile you deserve.
Dental implants are an excellent tooth replacement option, but are they right for you? The truth is, dental implants are a great choice for just about everyone, but there are a few things to consider first.
Dr. Alexander Smith at The Family Dentist in Westminster, CO, offers comprehensive dental care, including dental implants to give you the smile you deserve.
Your general health and especially your oral health are the primary factors that will impact how well you heal from dental implants. These are just a few of the factors which can affect the way you heal with dental implants:
- If you have diabetes, it may slow down the healing process
- If you have had radiation to your face or jaws
- If you have a history of periodontal disease
- If you are a smoker
Lifestyle factors are another important area to focus on with dental implants. To make you a good candidate for dental implants, it’s best if you:
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco products
- Don’t drink excessive alcohol
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle including diet and exercise
- have healthy teeth and gums
In order for you to be a great candidate for dental implants, you need to also be practicing excellent oral hygiene. Make sure to:
- Brush after meals and before bed
- Floss at least once every day
- Visit your dentist for a full dental exam at least once every year
- Visit your dentist for professional dental cleanings every six months
You also need to have sufficient supporting bone to accommodate the dental implants. Your dentist will discuss this with you and may recommend additional treatment to make you the best candidate for dental implants.
You deserve to enjoy a beautiful smile, and dental implants can help you achieve it! To find out why dental implants are a great tooth replacement option, talk with an expert by calling Dr. Smith at The Family Dentist in Westminster, CO. You can reach us at (303) 427-8690, so call today!
You go for the best in whatever you undertake. Why not apply the same philosophy to tooth replacement? The Family Dentist in Westminister, CO, is Dr. Alexander Smith. He places dental implants in patients who have lost teeth to accident, gum disease and decay. A dental implant could be your best option for permanent tooth replacement.
Dental implants and you
If you're a teen or adult with good overall health and a strong jaw bone, you could receive dental implants to fill those smile gaps. At his Westminster, CO, office, Dr. Alexander Smith will examine your teeth and gums and also scan your jaw bone to determine its size, health and density. If it's strong enough, he can surgically insert a titanium implant screw into your empty tooth socket.
Over the next weeks to months, that device will bond with your jaw bone. Osseointegration, as the action is called, anchors this artificial tooth root. Dr. Smith then attaches a metal alloy extension post and lifelike crown.
That completes a single-tooth implant. The more you use your dental implant, the stronger your jaw bone will become. You should have that new tooth indefinitely.
Other advantages of dental implants
- Rarely fail or need replacement
- Look and feel totally real
- Are immovable and restore almost 100 percent of your natural chewing power (traditional dentures produce a small fraction of that)
- Clean-up with twice-daily brushing and once a day flossing (see Dr. Smith semi-annually for your exam and hygienic cleaning)
- Support bridgework or partial/full dentures
- Are customized to your specific needs
- Strengthen and support your remaining teeth
- Need no adhesives or soaking
- Keep your facial features youthful and your speech, clear
Get ready for the best
The American College of Prosthodontists says that 120 million Americans have lost at least one tooth. Are you included in that number? Then, contact The Family Dentist, Dr. Alexander Smith, in Westminster, CO. Dental implants really are as tremendous as they sound. Learn how they could improve your appearance and oral function. Phone our office at (303) 427-8690.
If you're ready to replace missing teeth, dental implants offer an excellent restoration option. Your Westminster, CO, dentist, Dr. Alexander Smith, can help you decide if implants are right for you.
Dental implants completely restore teeth
Dental implants restore missing teeth above and below the gum line. Tiny titanium posts that naturally bond to your jawbone, implants are placed in the vacant spaces of your smile during minor oral surgery in our Westminster office.
Implants act as roots for your new teeth and become securely attached to your jawbone in as little as three to six months. Once your implants are bonded, your dentist adds small abutments to the top of them and makes an impression of your mouth that will be used to create dental crowns.
Crowns are artificial teeth that look just like the visible parts of your teeth. They're screwed on to the top of the dental implants to complete the restoration of your teeth.
Implants function just like natural teeth
Your dental implants won't slip or slide when you bite and chew or irritate your mouth. You also won't experience a significant change in your biting power and will be able to easily chew tough or hard foods with your new teeth.
Although your teeth may be synthetic, they'll feel perfectly real. In fact, many people who receive implants don't notice any difference between implants and their natural teeth.
Additionally, the constant stimulation of your jawbone by your tooth roots keep the bone strong. Resorption, a problem that can occur when the jawbone begins to shrink after tooth loss, won't be a problem if you replace your roots with implants.
Finally, caring for dental implants is quick and easy, for it only requires regular brushing and flossing. When you floss, however, you'll need to pay a little extra attention to the area around your new crown. Keeping this area clean and free of debris will help you avoid an infection that could jeopardize your new tooth. Fortunately, infections are rare if you practice good oral hygiene.
Call us for treatment
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your dentist in Westminster, CO, Dr. Smith, at (303) 427-8690 to schedule an appointment.
Close the gaps in your smile with dental implants, a permanent tooth replacement option. Dental implants replace missing teeth, restore your smile, and restore normal tooth functioning. There are several additional benefits to getting dental implants, as well. At The Family Dentist, Dr. Alexander Smith is your dentist in Westminster, CO, for dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a durable, long-lasting tooth replacement option. Dental implants replace both missing teeth and their roots. There are three components to a dental implant, including a metal implant, an abutment, and a crown. The metal implant is drilled directly into the jaw bone and acts as a tooth root, anchoring the entire dental implant in place. The crown is installed above the gum line and functions as the replacement tooth. The abutment connects the metal implant and crown together.
The placement of dental implants requires at least two appointments. The metal implant is placed first. The abutment may also be placed during the same appointment. The crown is not placed for several weeks following installation of the metal implant. During this time, the gums have a chance to heal and the metal implant fuses with the jawbone through a natural process known as osseointegration. Once the metal implant is fused with the jawbone, the crown can be placed.
Crowns are the only portion of the dental implant visible after installation. Crowns are custom made for each individual for a perfect fit. Additionally, crowns look just like natural teeth. No one will be able to tell you have a crown. Further, crowns function like regular teeth and can be used for normal functions, such as biting and chewing food. With proper care, your crown and dental implant will last for many years. Your Westminster, CO, dentist can help you decide if dental implants are the right tooth replacement option for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are several benefits to choosing dental implants as your tooth replacement option. Benefits of dental implants include:
- Restoration of your smile
- Replacement of missing teeth
- Look and function like natural teeth
- Reduce strain on surrounding teeth
- Prevent teeth from shifting into gaps
- Last for years
Dental implants replace missing teeth and close the gaps in your smile. For dental implants in Westminster, CO, schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith by calling The Family Dentist at (303) 427-8690.