Posts for: May, 2021
Dental implants from your dentist in Westminster, CO, can give you the smile you deserve.
Dental implants are an excellent tooth replacement option, but are they right for you? The truth is, dental implants are a great choice for just about everyone, but there are a few things to consider first.
Dr. Alexander Smith at The Family Dentist in Westminster, CO, offers comprehensive dental care, including dental implants to give you the smile you deserve.
Your general health and especially your oral health are the primary factors that will impact how well you heal from dental implants. These are just a few of the factors which can affect the way you heal with dental implants:
- If you have diabetes, it may slow down the healing process
- If you have had radiation to your face or jaws
- If you have a history of periodontal disease
- If you are a smoker
Lifestyle factors are another important area to focus on with dental implants. To make you a good candidate for dental implants, it’s best if you:
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco products
- Don’t drink excessive alcohol
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle including diet and exercise
- have healthy teeth and gums
In order for you to be a great candidate for dental implants, you need to also be practicing excellent oral hygiene. Make sure to:
- Brush after meals and before bed
- Floss at least once every day
- Visit your dentist for a full dental exam at least once every year
- Visit your dentist for professional dental cleanings every six months
You also need to have sufficient supporting bone to accommodate the dental implants. Your dentist will discuss this with you and may recommend additional treatment to make you the best candidate for dental implants.
You deserve to enjoy a beautiful smile, and dental implants can help you achieve it! To find out why dental implants are a great tooth replacement option, talk with an expert by calling Dr. Smith at The Family Dentist in Westminster, CO. You can reach us at (303) 427-8690, so call today!